Delivering Foodservice Solutions for the Care Sector
A Partnership Approach to Care Home Food & Catering
Our team can work with you to ensure;
1. Daily spend per head that adheres to budgets
2. Bespoke and restricted buying list
3. Products are fit for purpose within your homes
We are more than a foodservice provider and as our customer we can support you with a range of tools to streamline and improve your operations such as Saffron Nutritional Software, menu ideas, and webinars.
We service a range of sectors across the foodservice industry, but our care customers are a priority. Our 99.3% service levels are industry leading with stock availability and order fulfillment at the forefront of our business.
A Dedicated Team of Experts
Our Business Development Chef, James and National Account Manager, Andy are our care sector specialists, working with independent and group care homes.
Together they can support with;
- Recipe ideas, meal solutions and menu development
- Tools to track dietary and allergen requirements
- Staff engagement and knowledge sharing
All of which will enable your teams to deliver industry leading standards and great hospitality to your residents while working to a set budget per head.
Watch the video to learn more about how we can support our customers within the care sector.
Care Home Menu Solution
Catering in the care sector is challenging work at the best of times. Not only do chefs have to cater for residents’ varying tastes while ensuring meals meet required nutritional standards, they are also required to offer enough variety throughout the day, including snacks, that keep residents interested in their food.
Read our Care Home Menu Solution brochure to see our examples of recipes and menus to benefit your business, or view our 3-week menu guide as a template to help kickstart your menu planning.
IDDSI Framework & Dysphagia
The International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) is a collaboration between industry professionals with the aim to create consistent categories across the globe for texture modified foods and liquids for people with dysphagia.
Read our brochure to get a better understanding of what's involved in the framework and how we can support you.
Saffron Nutritional Service
Catering for care home residents is a tricky balance of ensuring meals hit nutritional requirements and aligning with each individual's dietary needs and medical conditions, while being tasty and visually appealing to entice those with low apetites.
Our customers can utilise Saffron Nutritional Software, a tool which gives you access to an online recipe book, allergen and nutritional reporting and menu costing. As the system is loaded with Creed product detail you can easily create a recipe or menu and add the required products to an order. This is an extremely useful tool for those within a care setting as it allows you to;
- Create and edit recipes to ensure you're hitting NACC guidelines.
- Ensure your menu aligns with the Public Health England calorie intake guidelines for over 75's.
- Access live online allergen and nutritional reports for your menu, especially important when caring for residents with specific health or dietary requirements like coeliac disease or diabetes.
The number of residents following a vegan diet in UK residential care homes has risen by 167% since 2014
Vegetarian for Life: Care Home Catering Autumn 2021
With over 40 years’ experience of multi-temperature wholesale supply to care and nursing homes, we’re extremely proud of our established, high-quality product range that includes our own brand ‘Country Range’ products as well as trade and consumer brands.
As our customer, you'll have access to over 6,000 products including;
- The Creed Family Butchers - as well as being fully traceable our chicken and beef are Red Tractor and pork RSPCA assured.
- Creed Fresh Produce - sourcing local British ingredients alongside produce from around the world giving you the ability to cook to the seasons alongside the year round consistency you need.
- Mrs Gills - a range of texture-modified care home meals designed specifically for care home caterers, including products suitable for Level 4 IDDSI framework.
You can trust our range meets and exceeds your required standards to cater to every taste and individual need such as fingers foods and products with added fortification.
Keeping You & Your Residents Safe
We have taken a number of measures to ensure the safety of both our customers and our staff during these unprecedented times. We know this is of paramount importance to you, your staff and your residents. Measures we’ve taken specifically to support our care customers include:
- Our delivery staff have been carefully briefed to minimise contact with yourself and your goods, where possible. Our drivers have been provided with alcohol hand gel and cleaning materials, to keep our equipment clean during every order. Rest assured, our drivers have been fully trained in relevant social distancing and hygiene measures.
- We also adhere to a strict hygiene and cleaning routine within our warehouse and transport operations, to minimise the spread within our on-site operation.
- We ringfence stock for our care customers, to ensure you receive a reliable and consistent supply of food and drink to those most vulnerable within our society.
- We stock a range of PPE, Packaging, Cleaning and Hygiene products to help protect your residents and staff within your site.