To support Executive Business Development Chef and Business Development Chef with day-to-day tasks which will include preparing food, providing information and supporting projects. Within this role you will work with customers and suppliers and learn to support product innovation and presentation. You will set up and break down rooms, place orders, organise products for presentation and manage presentation days by supporting Chef’s and liaising with customers and suppliers.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Support the delivery of excellent food presentations and events for internal and external customers. To include product order, ensuring goods arrive on time and are in the right place and ensuring during presentations that all areas are kept clean and fully stocked.
- Present a wide variety of products to customers across all sectors.
- Supporting the delivery of chef workshops and mini trade shows.
- Support preparation of lunch service for customer visits.
- Prepare products for sales team & internal customers for taste testing and other product based learning events.
- Support the chef’s preparing food for a variety of events including Directors dining, charity events (e.g. BBQ’s and buffets) and Trade show demonstrations.
- Produce tasting notes for product presentations.
- Manages samples pallet and create feedback forum for all samples delivered – liaise with Ashville operations.
- Maintain presentation equipment
- Support the development of menu and recipe documentation.
- Keep informed of current food trends and provide administrative support for monthly promotion write ups.
- Ensure all presentation areas are kept clean and tidy and support the set up and close down of all events at a variety of locations. This will include washing up and cleaning down.
- Compliance with all aspects of Food Hygiene.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be eligible for this position you must be aged between 16 and 24, currently claiming Universal Credit and referred to us by your employability support officer.
It is essential that you have the following:
Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Desire to learn new skills.
Excellent customer service skills.
Friendly positive attitude.
Excellent organisational skills and a planned, methodical approach to work.
Good I.T Skills.
A passion for cooking and a keen interest in Food.
Experience working in a kitchen environment and an understanding of the Foodservice sector would be advantageous.
Full clean Driving Licence
Ideally you will have experience working in a service led industry or a relevant qualification in Hospitality, Events, Marketing or another related field.
Within this role you will gain event coordination experience, will work with customers face to face and over the phone and liase with stakeholders of all levels across our business. You will also gain administration experience and develop a full understanding of Outlook diary bookings. You will learn to establish rapport, build relationships and manage stakeholders both internally and externally at Creed to achieve the best results for our customers.
You will also learn how to set up sales meetings and events, from start to finish, with support to develop project management skills and to improve your communication, interpersonal, stakeholder management and relationship building skills, gaining demonstrable experience maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers, including suppliers.
Apply now if you want to develop the skills and gain the experience that you need to persue a career in event planning, sales or marketing.