At Creed Foodservice, we’re creating a great place to work, with great people
Passion, core values and a great customer experience are at the heart of our business
Established in 1972, we are an ambitious family business within the foodservice industry. We deliver a great range of multi-temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh range to caterers across the country from our bases in Gloucestershire, Derbyshire, and Buckinghamshire. It’s a great place to be and we are proud of our role in supporting our local community. We are dedicated to creating a great place to work and have achieved a best companies one to watch status for two consecutive years, followed by a best companies one star in 2017. Our people are committed to our values of commercial, friendly, nurturing and proud. We work hard and are committed to providing a great service but we ensure we have fun and continue to develop our people along the way. Our employees often get involved in charity events, attend the Director breakfasts, put forward their ideas for improvement and contribute in the team briefings.
The benefits of working for us
Living Wage Employer, Life Assurance, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Savings Scheme, Training Opportunities, Discounted Staff Purchases, Staff Lottery, Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme, Minimum of 24 Days Holiday (Pro-Rata) Plus Bank Holidays, An Additional Day Off to Support a Charity of Your Choice, Long Service Awards & Many More.
Development and Progression at Creed Foodservice
Foodservice is an exciting, fast-paced and challenging industry to work in, and we’re proud to support, encourage and reward our people and teams at all levels across all departments to progress with ongoing development, training and recognition. Recent internal training initiatives include the ‘Creed Exceed’ Development Programme, LEAD, Sales Training, and Drivers Academy. With a broad range of business functions dedicated to delivering quality products, high service levels and added value to internal and external customers, we are able to offer clear progression internally for those who are keen to pursue a career, learn new skills and bring their knowledge to other areas of the business.
Armed Forces Covenant
We signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant in 2015 to show our support for the UK’s armed forces community. Signing the corporate covenant marked Creed’s recognition of the value that serving regular and reservist personnel, veterans and military families contribute to its business and to the UK. The company aims to offer employment where possible to ex-servicemen and women, and support any reservists.
Read our full ‘Armed Forces Covenant’ here
Current vacancies at Creed
Please see our current opportunities below. If you would like to be part of a growing, dynamic business and share our values, please send your CV to us with a covering email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll keep your CV on file.
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager, 40hrs Per Week
The role of Business Development Manager is an extremely varied and rewarding role. The key objectives of the role are to achieve sales and cash margin targets for a defined geographic territory, open profitable new accounts and build strong relationships with new and existing customers ensuring that their current and future needs are effectively managed. The ideal candidate will have the ability to identify category gaps, complete all sales documentation and related information onto the CRM system, with a good level of detail and in a punctual manner.
Responsibilities of the role are:
- To achieve sales and margin targets based on a commercial plan.
- Win and retain profitable new business in line with company standards.
- Grow retained customer numbers to achieve agreed standards.
- Have an effective journey plan to ensure appropriate levels of regular contact to achieve targets with planned objectives and outputs for each call.
- Work with internal customers and suppliers to maximise opportunities.
- Drive agreed company campaigns and support agreed focus to meet customer and company targets.
- Work closely with telesales and marketing to ensure compliance, retention and delivery of company campaigns.
- Utilise ‘Vecta’ reporting for all activity, outputs and planning.
- Gain a full understanding of sales and margin performance vs targets.
The successful candidate will be a confident presenter with good food industry knowledge and the ability to build strong foundations with customers ensuring they can provide great Customer Service. They must have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be keen to learn new skills and have a desire to make a difference. Successful candidates will also be required to have the flexibility to work extra hours in line with the business needs.
Benefits: Living Wage Employer, Life Assurance, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Savings Scheme, Training Opportunities, Discounted Staff Purchases, Staff Lottery, Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme & many more.
Trader, 40 hours per week
The role of Trader is an integral part of our small Commercial Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a defined portfolio of suppliers and therefore will need to be extremely self-motivated, able to work efficiently and independently within time constraints and have sufficient experience in excel. They will demonstrate our Creed values by being Commercial, Friendly, Nurturing and Proud. Whilst knowledge and experience of the foodservice sector would be advantageous, it is not necessary as we are looking for candidates who can really demonstrate commercial acumen, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities of the role are:
- Maintain strong and positive relationships with agreed portfolio.
- Effectively deliver and track supplier revenues.
- Achieving Commercial income targets.
- Sourcing new product lines, in line with internal business strategy whilst maintaining focus on external customer retention and development strategy.
- Ongoing price management, ensuring Creed remain competitive in the market place.
- Packaging regulatory awareness and compliance.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to ensure trading strategy dovetails with channel, operator and consumer insight.
- Build strong working relationships with internal customers, both employees and visitors alike.