Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Salary: £25,454.52 Per Annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted hours: 42 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Working Days: Sunday to Thursday with every fourth Friday
Shift Pattern: 8 hour shifts, Nights. Typically 6pm - 3am with some shifts starting earlier or later
Benefits: View our Employee Benefits leaflet.
Creed is a family business, established in 1972, which is ambitious with it's growth within the industry. We deliver a great range of multi-temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh ranges to caterers across the country from our offices in Cheltenham, Ilkeston & High Wycombe. It's a great place to be and we are proud of our role in supporting our local community. We are dedicated to creating a great place to work, with great people and in 2020 were listed by Sunday Times as one of the top 100 companies to work for, having achieved a “two star” status with best companies. Our people are committed to our values, choose their attitude and focus on the needs of the customer. They work hard and are committed to providing a great service but want to have some fun and development along the way. Our employees often get involved in charity events, attend the company conversations, put forward their ideas for improvement and contribute in the team briefings. Our core business values are being: Commercial, Proud, Friendly and Nurturing.
42 hours per week, working Sunday to Thursday, and every fourth Friday. The standard night shift hours are 6pm to 3am with some shifts starting and finishing earlier or later.
The role of ‘Warehouse Operative’ is an extremely varied and vital role to the warehouse. From unloading lorries and replenishing stock within the warehouse there’s always lots to do. You will be required to carry out all scheduled picking and consolidation operations accurately and on time to ensure that the driving routes depart on time, with the correct products at the correct temperature.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- To pick items for customer orders, with the ability to read a pick list and be heard and understood by our voice pick system
- Appropriately loading roll cages and checking to ensure order accuracy
- To receive all orders in from delivery point, ensuring the quality and temperature of the products are correct.
- Break down all deliveries and put the products in relevant and correct locations in the warehouse.
- To ensure that vehicles are loaded and unloaded in line with routing and goods in schedules.
- Carry out accurate product consolidations on time and load cages and pallets onto large goods vehicles for customer and sub-supply deliveries in accordance with route schedules
- Maintaining the depot’s high standards, ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times in accordance with health and safety, food hygiene and HACCP requirements and report any products falling below the required standard immediately.
- Adhere to the procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment, including Powered Pallet Truck’s & Fork Lifts.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers - this includes employees, managers, visitors and delivery drivers.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures, specifically surrounding health and safety.
- Other duties as required, according to the needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be keen to learn new skills and have a desire to make a difference.
- Experience as a Warehouse Operative ideally gained in a food or multi temperature controlled environment
- Voice Pick Experience would be advantageous
- Forklift experience, Licence and/or certification would also be advantageous but not essential as full training is provided
- Motivated to do a good job and maintain a positive attendance record
- Physically fit and able to walk long distances and lift heavy items
- A good team player with attention to detail that follows the processes in place
- Experience or knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Safety and HACCP procedures
- Successful candidates will also be required to have the flexibility to work extra hours in line with the business needs.
What you get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Training and development and career progression opportunities.
- Recognition for doing a great job and going the extra mile from customers, your department and the rest of the business.
- Respect and support from your team, supervisors and managers.
- 33 Days of annual leave per year.
- Life insurance for 2 times your annual salary.
- Employee discount on purchases and regular special offers for staff.
- Access to an online discount portal, providing discounts for gyms, the cinema, supermarkets, high street retailers, cashback for changing your electricity supplier and much more helping you to save money on purchases that you would ordinarily make.
- Employee assistance programme that offers confidential support and advice which includes free access to legal advice, wellness programmes and much more.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com detailing why you are perfect for this role and what value you can add to the business.
At this stage, we will not be accepting agency applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age, as outlined in our equal opportunities policy.