Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Salary: £26,644.80 Per Annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted hours: 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Working Days: Sunday to Thursday
Shift Pattern: 8 hour shifts, Nights
Location: High Wycombe
Benefits: View our Employee Benefits leaflet.
Creed is a family business, established in 1972, which is ambitious with it's growth within the industry. We deliver a great range of multi-temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh ranges to caterers across the country from our offices in Cheltenham, Ilkeston & High Wycombe. It's a great place to be and we are proud of our role in supporting our local community. We are dedicated to creating a great place to work, with great people and in 2020 were listed by Sunday Times as one of the top 100 companies to work for, having achieved a “two star” status with best companies. Our people are committed to our values, choose their attitude and focus on the needs of the customer. They work hard and are committed to providing a great service but want to have some fun and development along the way. Our employees often get involved in charity events, attend the company conversations, put forward their ideas for improvement and contribute in the team briefings. Our core business values are being: Commercial, Proud, Friendly and Nurturing.
The role of Warehouse Operative is a varied role which is vital to ensuring that Creed Foodservice deliver excellent customer service for our customers. Within this role you will do everything from picking customer orders for next day delivery to loading delivery vehicles.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- To pick customer orders in full and on time ready for delivery the following day.
- To ensure the quality and temperature of the product is correct.
- Be aware of any products falling below the required standard, and reject them immediately.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees, managers, and visitor’s e.g delivery drivers.
- Tidy and ensure the warehouse is free of obstacles at all times.
- Adhere to the procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment, including Powered Pallet Truck’s & Fork Lifts.
- Adhere to the procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures, specifically surrounding health and safety.
- Other duties as required, according to the needs of the business.
The standard night shift hours are 6pm to 3am with some shifts starting and finishing earlier or later.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidatemust have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be keen to learn new skills and have a desire to make a difference. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, not afraid to get stuck in and have the flexibility to work extra hours in line with the business needs.
It is essential that you have the following:
- Experience as a Warehouse Operative ideally gained in a Foodservice environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers - this includes employees, managers, visitors and delivery drivers.
- Quality Control Experience is desirable.
- Experience and relevant licence or certification to utilise Powered Pallet Trucks & Fork Lifts would be desirable, but not essential as all training can be provided internally.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are perfect for this role and what value you can add to the business.
At this stage, we will not be accepting agency applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age, as outlined in our equal opportunities policy.