Warehouse Operative (Days) - High Wycombe
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Salary: £23,150.40 Per Annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted hours: 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Shift Pattern: 8 hour shifts, Days.
Location: High Wycombe
Benefits: View our Employee Benefits leaflet.
Creed is a family business, established in 1972, which is ambitious with it's growth within the industry. We deliver a great range of multi-temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh ranges to caterers across the country from our offices in Cheltenham, Ilkeston & High Wycombe. It's a great place to be and we are proud of our role in supporting our local community. We are dedicated to creating a great place to work, with great people and in 2020 were listed by Sunday Times as one of the top 100 companies to work for, having achieved a “two star” status with best companies. Our people are committed to our values, choose their attitude and focus on the needs of the customer. They work hard and are committed to providing a great service but want to have some fun and development along the way. Our employees often get involved in charity events, attend the company conversations, put forward their ideas for improvement and contribute in the team briefings. Our core business values are being: Commercial, Proud, Friendly and Nurturing.
A position has arisen within our busy dayshift operation. The role of Warehouse Operative is a varied role is vital to ensuring that Creed Foodservice deliver excellent customer service for our customers and will include all aspects of warehouse intake, replenishment & stock control functions within the Freezer.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- To receive all orders in from delivery point, ensuring the quality and temperature of the products are correct.
- To ensure that goods are maintained at the appropriate temperature regime.
- To ensure that vehicles are loaded and unloaded in line with routing and goods in schedules.
- Break down all deliveries and put the products in relevant and correct locations in the warehouse.
- To ensure that replenishment is carried out in accordance with company procedures and protocols.
- Maintaining the depot’s high standards, ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Adhere to the procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment, including Powered Pallet Truck’s & Fork Lifts.
- Be aware of any products falling below the required standard, and report them immediately.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers - this includes employees, managers, visitors and delivery drivers.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures, specifically surrounding health and safety.
- Other duties as required, according to the needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate must have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be keen to learn new skills and have a desire to make a difference. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, not afraid to get stuck in and have the flexibility to work extra hours in line with the business needs.
It is essential that you have the following:
- Experience as a Warehouse Operative ideally gained in a Foodservice environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers - this includes employees, managers, visitors and delivery drivers.
- Experience and relevant licence or certification to utilise Powered Pallet Trucks & Fork Lifts would be desirable, but not essential as all training can be provided internally.
Successful candidates will also be required to have the flexibility to work extra hours in line with the business needs.
Contracted hours: an average of 40 hours per week, working Monday to Friday working from 6.00am to 2.30pm with a 30 minute break for lunch.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are perfect for this role and what value you can add to the business.
At this stage, we will not be accepting agency applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age, as outlined in our equal opportunities policy.