A delicious, healthy alternative to the well known flapjack recipe, with seeds, dates, prunes, apricots, raisins and bananas. For a delicious treat add a layer of chocolate ganache.
- 100g Country Range Pitted Chopped Dates 143210
- 100g Country Range Pitted Prunes 143190
- 100g Country Range Dried Chopped Apricots 14300
- 100g Country Range Raisins 142120
- 325g Quaker Oats 269150
- 2 Ripe Bananas 601810
- 50g Sesame Seeds 187840
- 25g Country Range Sunflower Seeds 601128
- 150g Country Range Clear Honey 264050
- 50ml Coconut Oil (liquid form)
- 1/2 tsp Cooking Salt 208020
1) Soak the dates and prunes in a bowl of water for between 1-2 hours. (This makes them easier to blend in to a paste later).
2) Coat a flapjack tray with a fine coating of oil and line with an oversized piece of cling film (for gripping later).
3) Put the dates, prunes, bananas, coconut oil and salt into a blender and blend ingredients together to make a super smooth paste.
4) Add all of your other (dry) ingredients into a large bowl and mix in the paste very well.
5) Place the mixture into the lined flapjack tray and with a damp hand evenly push the mix down into your tray making sure you get it into all the corners.
6) Place your flapjack into the fridge to set for a few hours.
7) Once set, remove from the fridge, turn out and cut into your desired shape and size.