SLOW COOKED BEEF WITH BUTTON MUSHROOMS, MASH & PURPLE KALE
Red Tractor Chuck Steak slow cooked with button mushrooms, mash and purple kale.
- 1kg Red Tractor Diced chuck Steak 703250
- 100g Button mushrooms 600768
- 50g Diced Carrots 600221
- 75g Purple Kale 602206
- 50g Diced Celery 601211
- 1 litre Water
- 25g Knorr Beef Boullion Paste 185671
- 50d Sliced Banana Shallots 601120
- 2 Cloves Garlic 600705
- Country Range Corn flour 140131
1) Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and brown the beef ensuring an even colour is achieved.
2) Remove the meat and add diced shallots, celery, carrots, mushrooms and garlic and sweat down for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the meat back into the pan and add the stock, bring to the boil skimming any impurities that rise to the surface, cook for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
4) Check the seasoning.
5) Mix the corn flour with a tablespoon of water and add to the beef, cook out for 2-3 minutes and check for thickness, adding more corn flour mix if required.
6) Bring a pan of water to the boil, trim the stalks from Kale and blanch for 3 minutes, drain and reserve.
7) Serve the slow cooked beef with creamy mash and the purple kale.