A classic British dish. You can’t beat a homemade shepherd’s pie on a cold winters’ day.
- 1kg Lamb Mince 711310
- 100g Onions 601081
- 55g Carrots 600221
- 55g Celery 601211
- 800g Potato 600065
- 1 Litre Water
- 30g Major Gluten Free Beef Gravy 186310
- 200ml Double Cream 354601
- 60g Country Range Unsalted Butter 350130
- 5g Garlic 601041
- 1g Oregano 607018
1) Using a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the oil and fry the lamb mince over a medium heat until the mince is browned and evenly cooked.
2) Remove the mince from the pan and reserve, dice the onion and garlic and fry until softened.
3) Dice the carrot and celery into 2cm squares and add to the onion mix.
4) Add the lamb mince back into the pan along with the oregano.
5) Mix the gravy powder into the cold water and add to the lamb mix, simmer gently for 30 minutes.
6) Peel the potatoes and cut into even size pieces, add to a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are soft throughout.
7) Drain the potatoes and leave to steam for 2 minutes.
8) In a separate pan bring the cream and butter to the boil and turn off the heat.
9) Pass the potatoes through a sieve using the back of a spoon and add the cream and butter mixing until fully incorporated.
10) Once the lamb mix has cooled slightly transfer to an oven proof dish and spread the mash potato evenly over the top.
11) To heat, pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and cook for a further 30 minutes until piping hot.