Pork Valentine Steak
Hickory & applewood smoked pork steak with crushed potato salad, cavelo nero, crispy pancetta & dijon sauce.
- 2 Pork Valentine Steaks 227g 705640
- Major Hickory and Applewood Smoke Style Seasoning 186691
- 240g New Potatoes 600102
- 100g Cavelo Nero 600215
- 10g Sliced Pancetta 702210
- 10g Curly Parsley 602750
- Dijon Mustard 172261
- 40ml Double Cream 354601
- Major Beef Stock Paste 186090
- Olive oil 17188
- Marinate the Valentine cut pork steaks in the Hickory and Applewood Marinade overnight.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bring the new potatoes to the boil in salted water and simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Whilst the potatoes are still warm, drain them, peel the skins and place back in the pan. Then crush the potatoes with a fork whilst adding in the chopped parsley and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pre heat a frying pan and add a drizzle of olive oil. Colour the pork steaks on both sides before transferring to a baking tray to finish in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Place the sliced pancetta on a tray in the oven for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Blanch the cavelo nero in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- To make the sauce, bring 2 teaspoons of beef stock paste to the boil with half a pint of water. Add 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard and a splash of double cream.
- To assemble the dish, push the warm potato salad into a round cutter and transfer onto the plate. Then, arrange the cavelo nero and layer the pork on top. To finish, position the crispy pancetta on the pork and drizzle the sauce around the plate.