Piri Piri Glazed Chicken Skewers
Piri Piri marinated Red Tractor chicken breast served with spicy rice.
- 4 Chicken Breasts 900502
- Major Piri Piri Marinade 177841
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil 171861
- 2 Peppers 600691 deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ bunch of Spring Onions 601110, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 tbsp Tomato Purée 065151
- 1 tbsp Sweet Smoked Paprika 188121
- 250g Cooked Rice 761130
- Dice the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and combine with 50g of the Major marinade, leave to marinade for 12 hours, 24 if possible.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes and then slide on the chicken, 3 to 4 cubes per skewer.
- Cook the chicken in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 12 minutes, ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- In a frying pan add the oil and the diced peppers and cook until softened. Then add the rice, tomato puree and smoked paprika and stir until all the grains of rice are coated, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the spring onions and serve with the chicken skewers crossed one over the other.