Pain au Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding
Pain au Chocolate buttered and covered with a cream, milk, egg and sugar mixture and sultanas baked until golden.
- 3 Butter Pain au Chocolat unbaked 818290
- 10g Country Range Unsalted Butter softened 350130
- 2 RSPCA Free Range Eggs 358230
- 175ml Whole Milk 354511
- 40ml Double Cream 354601
- 40g Caster Sugar 358230
- Handful of Country Range Sultanas (optional) 142081
- Bake Pan au Chocolate, as per instructions this can be done earlier in the day).
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/180oC (20 degrees lower for fan-assisted ovens).
- Start by cutting the Pain au Chocolate in half, ensuring they cover the entire bottom of the ovenproof dish (1 layer only). Use the butter/margarine for both greasing the dish and spread the remaining Butter on the pieces of Pain au Chocolate, targeting the sliced ends. Arrange them in the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl, then add the milk, cream, sugar and whisk well. Pour the mixture slowly over the Pain au Chocolate, ensuring you fill every gap and cover every piece. If the pieces float to the top then press them down gently until they absorb the mixture well (the pieces may need to be pricked with a fork to speed this process up).
- Add the sultanas (if required) to the top and sides of the pudding.
- Place(uncovered) in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is brown. Serve immediately!