Oriental Braised Pork Ribs
Sticky oriental pork ribs served with jasmine rice and pak choi.
- 1.5k Pork Spare Ribs 706040
- 200ml Major Oriental Mari-Base 177781
- 10g Major Roast Chicken Stock Base 186160
- 250ml Hot Water
- 55g Light Soft Brown Sugar 320931
- 25g Fresh Ginger – Grated 600910
- 10g Garlic Puree 065101
- 2 Star Anise 188331
- 125ml Orange Juice 086750
- 1x5cm Orange Rind – Strip 601720
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli – Coarsely Chopped 600340
- Combine major oriental mari-base, sugar, ginger, garlic, star anise, orange juice, orange rind and chilli.
- Pour water over major roast chicken stock base and mix well.
- Add stock to mari-base mixture and stir well.
- Place in a large shallow baking dish, add ribs, turn to coat in mixture.
- Cover with foil and cook in a pre-heated oven 160°c for 3 hours.
- Turn ribs and cook covered for about another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.
- Serve with jasmine rice and pak choi.