Malaysian Beef Curry
Red Tractor diced beef chuck steak, slowly cooked with a blend of authentic spices and chillies until tender.
- 1kg Red Tractor Diced Beef Chuck Steak 703250
- 75g Root Ginger 600910
- 50g Peeled garlic 601070
- 3 Shallots 601120
- 2 Red chilli 600340
- 3 Lime leaves 607012
- 1 Cinnamon quil
- 4 Cloves 187091
- 3 Star anise 188331
- 2 Tins coconut milk 207031
- Fish sauce 060101
- Firstly, peel the shallots, garlic and ginger and place into a blender.
- Slice the chillies and add to the garlic and ginger mix.
- Blitz to a smooth paste, if the mix is not coming together, add a splash of water.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add some oil and gently fry off the cinnamon, cloves and star anise, this releases the aromatics.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste and fry off over a medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Cook the paste until all the liquid has evaporated and the paste starts to fry on the bottom.
- Add the beef to the mix and the kaffir lime leaves, then add the coconut milk.
- Bring the mix up to the simmer and cook slowly for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- The curry should reduce significantly until you almost have paste like consistency, be careful not to catch the bottom of the pan.
- Finish the curry with lime juice and fish sauce to taste.