Leek & Potato Soup
Traditional leek and potato soup served with a warm crusty baguette.
- 1kg Leeks 600740
- 200g Onions 601081
- 180g potatoes 600027
- 1700ml Water
- 150g Butter 350080
- 100ml Cream (optional) 354601
- Salt 208081
- Pepper 188311
- Remove the dark green parts of the leeks and peel the onions and potatoes.
- As thinly as possible slice the onion , leeks and potato, this ensures that the soup can cook quickly. This ensures that the soup retains it’s freshness.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt the butter and add the onions and leeks, stir until softened.
- Add the sliced potatoes and water and bring to the boil as quickly as possible.
- When the potatoes are soft, remove from the heat and blend with a jug blender until completely smooth.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning accordingly, add the cream for an added luxury. Serve with a warm crusty baguette.