Gluten Free Fish & Chips
Fillet of cod in a gluten free beer batter, served with chunky chips and mushy peas.
- 4x170g Cod fillets 730720
- 200g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour 141091
- 100ml Sparkling Water 123110
- 200g Portion of Mushy Peas 064331
- 400g Rustic French Fries 751000
- 80g Tartar Sauce 176381
- Heat oil to 180 degrees.
- Lightly season the cod fillets with salt and pepper and dust in the gluten free flour.
- Mix the remaining flour with the sparkling water and make a smooth batter with the consistency of double cream. Leave to stand for 1 minute and check consistency again, adjust liquids or flour for desired result.
- Dip the fish in batter and lower gently into fryer, cook for 4 minutes and drain.
- Fry the chips for 3½ minutes and season.
- Heat the peas in an 800w microwave for 2 minutes, stirring half way through and season.
- Assemble the dish and serve with generous amounts of tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon.
It is essential that fresh oil is used in a clean fryer and that all products used for the dish are Gluten free.