Garlic & Rosemary Leg of Lamb
Garlic & Rosemary marinated leg of lamb served with roast new potatoes, seasonal vegetables & fresh mint salad.
- 2kg English Boneless Leg of Lamb 704730
- 1kg New Potatoes 600102
- 1 Head of Garlic 601041
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary 600560
- 200ml White Wine Vinegar 209391
- 40g Caster Sugar 320851
- 600g Baby Tricolour Carrots 604442
- 500g Hispi Cabbage 600181
- 2 Asparagus Rounds 600030
- 1 Pack Fresh Mint 600540
- 1 Pack Baby Gem Lettuce 600704
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions 601110
Serves: 8 - 10
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees.
- Place lamb in the oven and cook for 45 mins, then lower the temperature to 170 degrees until a core temperature of 60 degrees is achieved (total cook time 90mins roughly). Leave to rest for at least 45 minutes.
- Cook the new potatoes in salted boiling water until just soft, drain and cool under cold water.
- In a roasting tray, add the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, unpeeled garlic cloves and fresh rosemary and roast for 45 minutes until evenly coloured.
- In a saucepan, bring the vinegar and sugar to the boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pull off to cool to room temperature.
- Peel the carrots leaving the green tops on.
- Shred the hispi cabbage and remove any large inner veins.
- Cut the asparagus and discard the woody bottoms.
- Blanch the cabbage in boiling salted water.
- Add the carrots and asparagus to the roasting new potatoes for the last 6 minutes until cooked but firm.
- Finely slice the spring onions, gem lettuce and mint and add to the cooled vinegar solution.
- Assemble dish and serve.