Festive Sausage Roll
The addition of dried cranberries gives this scrummy Festive Sausage Roll a deliciously mild sweetness, like a good pork stuffing.
- 2kg Sausage Meat 609810
- 1kg Spanish Onion 601081
- 400g Cooked and Peeled Chestnuts 601530
- 400g Dried Cranberries 143231
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic 601041
- 2 RSPCA Free Range Eggs 358220
- 3 Jus-Roll Puff Pastry Sheets 816160
- Fresh Sage 607025
- Country Range Cranberry Sauce 171121
Serves: Makes 3 large sausage rolls
1) Dice the onion and garlic and caramelise in a frying pan.
2) Chop the chestnuts and 30g of sage, and then add to the onion mix with the dried cranberries.
3) Season the mix with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
4) Once cooled, mix the sausage meat into the onion and cranberry mix.
5) Lay a sheet of puff pastry down and brush with egg wash. Then spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce evenly across the centre of the puff pastry sheet.
6) With approx. 800g of the sausage mix create a long roll across the centre of the pastry sheet on top of the cranberry sauce.
7) Line whole sage leaves along the top of the rolled sausage meat, then roll the pastry around the sausage meat mix.
8) Egg wash the pastry and score the top.
9) Bake at 160o for 30-40 minutes.
10) Cut the cooked sausage roll to size and serve with salad and pickle as a lunch option. Alternatively, cut into smaller portions and serve on a buffet platter.