Citrus and White Balsamic Dressing Summer Salad
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Butternut squash
- 100g Edamame beans
- 50g Sunblush tomatoes
- 100g Quinoa
- 75g Kale
- 1 Bag baby leaves
- White balsamic and citrus dressing
- 4 Veg ware salad boxes
- Firstly cook the quinoa in boiling water for 10-12 minutes and run under cold water to chill, open and drain the tin of 5-bean mixed salad and combine with the quinoa, set aside.
- Peel and roughly dice the butternut squash, place on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and roast in a pre heated oven on 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes until tender and slightly coloured. Cool and reserve.
- Prep the kale by removing all the thick centre stalks and veins, boil in salted water for 2 minutes and refresh straight away under running cold water , drain and reserve.
- To build the salad place a small amount of the baby leaves in the salad tray, Add the dressing to the bean and quinoa mix (add as little or as much as you like) and spoon the mix in an even line across the salad box.
- Spoon on some of the squash into one corner and add some of the Kale into the other side of the salad box, slice some avocado and lay over the top of the salad and scatter on a few sunblush tomatoes and edamame beans.
- Drizzle a little of the reserved dressing over to finish