703280 Stuffed Turkey Single Lobe (2.5 – 3kg)
For a full list of out Turkey joints take a look at our butchery page HERE
Turkey Single Lobe is easy to cook, and easy to carve, but the important thing to remember is that these are much smaller than a whole turkey and will cook in no time, so don’t make the mistake of overcooking.
- Take the Turkey out of the fridge, remove all packaging and allow the turkey to come up to room temperature, for at least an hour or so.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375F/Gas Mk 5
- Drizzle some olive oil over the bacon, and season with salt and pepper. Cover the turkey and the tin loosely with foil.
- Cooking times are approx 40 minutes for every 1kg + 20 minutes, so adjust the time depending on the joint size you have – 2kg Turkey Breast Joint : 1 hour 40 minute / 2.5kg Turkey Breast Joint : 2 hour / 4.5kg Turkey Breast Joint : 3 hours 20 minutes
- Uncover the joint 20-25 minutes from the end of the calculated time to allow the skin to crisp up.
- Check that the centre of the joint is fully cooked and is piping hot and that the juices run clear when you insert a metal skewer or sharp thin knife. If using an instant read thermometer the internal temperature should be 75°C (165°F) after resting.
- After taking it out of the oven, cover the Turkey in foil and allow it to rest for at least 20-30 minutes. It is really important not to skip this step, as if you carve straight from the oven, the juices will just pour out. Resting continues the cooking process but it allows the meat to equalise temperature throughout, and the juices are distributed evenly, which makes the Turkey much easier to carve, and all the juices are deliciously retained.