Chocolate Mousse, Shortbread, Strawberries and Cream
A homemade shortbread topped with a rich chocolate mousse, fresh cream and strawberries.
- 400g Chocolate mousse mix 270381
- Shortbread mix 991156
- 2 Punnet Strawberries 601649
- 200ml Double cream 354601
- 25g sugar 320150
- 500ml Milk 354501
- Combine 400g of chocolate mix with 500ml of milk in a kitchen aid with the whisk attachment, whisk on full power until stiff peaks are formed, then reserve in fridge.
- Add desired quantity of shortbread mix to the kitchen aid with the paddle attachment and mix on medium power until the pastry crumb forms a dough.
- Next, roll the dough into a 5cm cylinder and cut out biscuits, place on grease proof paper and bake at 160 degrees for 15 minutes, cool and reserve.
- Hull and slice 1 punnet of strawberries, place in a small sauce pan and add 25g of sugar, slowly bring to the boil and cool immediately. Puree with a hand held blender and reserve.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks and place in a piping bag.
- Assemble the dish with quenelles of the chocolate mousse, sliced strawberries, double cream and the shortbread. Try using the shortbread as a crumb for another texture.