Breaded Red Tractor chicken breast, with jersey royals, asparagus and wild garlic puree, makes everyone’s favourite Chicken Schnitzel recipe.
- 2 Chicken Breasts 702485
- 400g Jersey Royals 600081
- 1 Asparagus Round 600468
- 100g Wild Garlic 601051
- 1 Banana Shallot 601120
- Breadcrumbs 211200
- 2 Eggs 358151
- 50ml Milk 354501
- 25ml Double Cream 354601
- Parsley 602750
- Butter 350080
- 20ml White Wine Vinegar 209391
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthways. Place between 2 pieces of Clingfilm and softly beat with a rolling pin to flatten out. Then place in the fridge.
- Cook the Jersey Royals in salted, simmering water until soft, drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Peel the shallot and slice into rounds as finely as possible.
- Slice the potatoes into even pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add the shallots, chopped parsley and the vinegar, season well and cling film until needed.
- In a pan of boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes and refresh under running cold water. Then blanch the wild garlic for 30 seconds and rinse under cold water. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Place the wild garlic in a jug blender. Then, in a pan slowly bring the cream to the boil and pour over the garlic. Blend until a thick, vivid green puree is achieved. Season and reserve until ready to serve.
- Pané the chicken breasts in the flour, then egg wash, then breadcrumbs, repeating the egg wash and crumb cycle if needed.
- Pre-heat a frying pan and fry the breaded chicken schnitzel in olive oil until both sides are golden brown. Transfer to an oven at 200 degrees for 8 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked through before removing from the oven.
- To assemble the dish, place a portion of the potato salad in the centre of a plate, place the chicken schnitzel on top. Warm through the asparagus and lay to the side of the potato salad. Drizzle the wild garlic puree around the plate.