The Welsh Burger
Ideal for traditional Welsh taste buds with its inclusion of rarebit and leeks.
1 227g Red Tractor Frozen Handmade Steak Burger 711620
1 Kara Gourmet Brioche Burger Bun 819760
2 Little Gem Lettuce Leaves 600704
2 Slices of Tomato 600931
10g Country Range Unsalted Butter 350132
10g Country Range Plain flour 140701
1tsp Heinz Hot English Mustard 170570
10g Country Range Mature Grated Cheddar 355461
20g Leeks 600740
Semi–skimmed Milk 354501
1 RSPCA Free Range Egg 358400
- To make the Welsh rarebit, melt the butter in a sauce pan, add the flour and cook on a low heat for 3-4 mins.
- Slowly add sufficient milk until it thickens up, and bring back to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the cheese and mustard. Check the seasoning and reserve.
- Slice the leek length ways into thin strips, dust with cornflour and fry until crisp.
- To assemble the burger, slice the brioche and toast the undersides, layer the gem and tomato on the bottom slice of the bun.
- Spoon the rarebit mix on the burger and transfer to the oven until glazed, topping the burger with crispy leeks.
- Carefully place the burger bun on top of the leeks and serve.