Asparagus & Pea Tart
A light tart filled with seasonal produce and fresh, British flavours.
- 4x6cm Savoury Tart Cases 990692
- 1 Asparagus Round 600030
- 100g Peas 760551
- 50g Parmesan 357660
- 20g Cooked Spinach 601227
- 3 Eggs 358401
- 200ml Milk 354501
- 200ml Double Cream 354601
- Chives 600490, Tarragon 600590, Parsley 600630
- Start by trimming and peeling the asparagus and blanch in boiling salted water for 90 seconds, refresh in cold water and reserve.
- Combine the milk, cream, cheese and eggs and whisk.
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the spinach and ensure that the peas are defrosted.
- Finely chop the herbs and add to the cream and egg mix.
- Layer up the tart cases with spinach, peas and sliced ends of the asparagus.
- Fill the tarts with the egg mix leaving 1cm from the top.
- Place the asparagus tips on the top to garnish with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees until the egg mix is firm to touch, leave to cool and serve while still warm.