Fresh Meats from our On-site EEC Approved Butchery
Why choose Mise en Place Fresh Meats from Creed Foodservice?
- Higher welfare accreditations and quality standards for your peace of mind
- Full traceability and provenance for every product
- Expertise and flexibility from our on-site EEC approved butchery team
- Cuts available to reduce your preparation time
- Delivered on the same vehicle as the rest of your food order
We have the breadth of product range underpinned by expertise within our teams to cater for the specific needs of chefs and caterers across our key sectors. From dicing Red Tractor chicken to requested specifications, to cutting and quality assuring fantastic Red Tractor beef fillet steaks, or T-Bone steaks – our customers are in safe hands.
Are you catering for students or residents within a care home? View our Fresh Butchery Guide for Education and Care customers.
Fresh Meats with Full Traceability and Quality Standards from Source
As a fresh meat wholesaler to multiple foodservice sectors, we pride ourselves on the quality and higher welfare of our meat products, and achieve this by working with some of the UK’s most respected farmers, slaughter houses and meat suppliers.
These strong relationships throughout the supply chain ensure that we have full traceability of our products right back to source, giving each of our customers – and their customers – full peace of mind.
Our Mise en Place range of fresh meats offers solutions to meet your provenance and nutritional needs, whilst providing complete peace of mind from the full traceability and higher welfare standards of our products.
Fresh Meat Accreditation Schemes
With so many accreditation schemes out there, here’s a recap on what our meats’ Red Tractor, RSPCA Assured and Quality Standard Marks mean in real terms, and the reassurance and story they can offer to you, your purchasing strategy and your customers.
Red Tractor – Why Trust the tractor?
- These standards ensure that the farming and preparation of the food is checked regularly by an independent organisation to verify its standard. At Creed, our Red Tractor supplier status is audited by a visit three times a year.
- Food safety, animal welfare, traceability and environmental impact are all covered by Red Tractor standards.
- When you see the Union Jack in the Red Tractor logo, you can be sure that the product originates from and is packed in the UK.
RSPCA Assured – Incorporating the freedom foods standard
- All RSPCA Assured products are traceable and must come from a farm, haulier, processor and packer which have met the RSPCA animal welfare standards.
- At Creed, we are audited by a visit three times a year.
- RSPCA farm livestock officers check that farm animals have received the standards of care from birth to slaughter, in line with their welfare standards including health, diet, care, and environmental factors such as light, space, bedding, transport and humane slaughter.
Quality Standard Mark – For eating quality
- The flag in the Quality Standard Mark indicates the beef and lamb’s country of origin.
- The Quality Standard Mark for beef and lamb is the only scheme in the UK to cover eating quality – all meats carrying the Mark undergo a strict selection process to ensure the beef and lamb is succulent and tender.
- Meats are produced to higher standards than the legal requirement, have a fully assured supply chain and are independently inspected at every stage from the farm through to processor and packer.
Meat Labelling Explained
Be reassured that all of our meat processed and packed in our EEC approved cutting plant will display the following on the packaging:
Batch code: 11513
Full traceability back to the source of the animal in terms of: where it was reared and by whom, time and date of kill, and certification that the animal is fit for consumption.
Slaughtered in: Plant No UK 8119
The licensed slaughter house and location.
Cut in Plant: UK8119/UK8374
Where the animal was processed and cut after slaughter. In this case, the slaughter house cut the carcass into prime cuts, before being cut further into the cuts required by our customers at the Creed EEC approved cutting plant.
Add a Meat Provenance Story to your Menu
With consumer preferences for provenance increasingly shaping menus across all areas of the eating out market, fresh meat with a provenance story offers fantastic opportunities for chefs and caterers to keep menus current, appealing whilst and reassuring.
“66% of consumers believe it is important they know where the meat they buy comes from.”
Source: AHDB Pork