Healthy Butternut Squash Soup
Healthy Butternut Squash Soup made from just six simple ingredients and tastes divine!
• 2 Butternut Squash 1.6kg 600750
• 1 Spanish onion 550g 601081
• 2 Garlic Cloves 601070
• 40g Butter 350132
• 1tsp Cumin seeds 187190
• 2ltr Water or stock
1) Peel and finely slice the onions and garlic and sweat down slowly with the cumin in a large saucepan.
2) Peel the butternut squash and slice as finely as possible, the quicker the cooking time the fresher the soup tastes.
3) Add the squash into the onion mix and add the liquid.
4) Bring to the boil and simmer until the squash is cooked through and tender.
5) Ladle the mix into a jug blender and blitz on full speed for 2 minutes to ensure a silky texture is achieved.
6) Repeat the process until all the soup is blitzed, and check the seasoning. Serve immediately.
N.B. When blitzing the soup make sure you reserve some liquid as a thicker soup is easy to thin down but a thin soup is far more difficult to thicken!